Mangos are one of the most popular fruits in the world! They are mildly sweet and tangy, juicy, and just plain delicious. They provide a lot of nutrition in small amounts and are a great addition to many recipes. Mango can be used as an addition to salads, smoothies, yogurt, salsa, marinades, and much more! Look for them at your local grocery store. Tips on how to choose a ripe mango are below.
Mango Nutrition Info:
How to Choose a Mango:
How to Cut Mango:
Other methods of cutting a mango can be found here.
How to Store Mango:
- Keep unripe mangos at room temperature. Mangos shouldn’t be refrigerated before they are ripe.
- Mangos will continue to ripen at room temperature, becoming sweeter and softer over several days.
- To speed up ripening, place mangos in a paper bag at room temperature.
- Once ripe, mangos should be moved to the refrigerator, which will slow down the ripening process. Whole, ripe mangos may be stored for up to five days in the refrigerator.
- Mangos can be peeled, cubed and placed in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to six months.
- Ayesha Curry’s Oven Baked Chicken Tenders with Mango Rainbow Slaw
- All Purpose Mango Salsa
- Almond Crusted Pork with Mango Relish
- Blackened Shrimp Skewers with Coconut Mango Pilaf
- Chicken Wings with Mango-Chili Sauce