Zucchini is a versatile vegetable and can be used in almost any recipe. Check out these tips and recipes:
Selection & Storage
Choose firm, slender zucchini with a bright green color and free of wrinkled skin and soft spots. Larger zucchini becomes tough but can be used in baked goods.
Store in perforated bag in crisper drawer of refrigerator, do not wash until ready to use.
Zucchini Serving Ideas:
- Slice, marinate (try balsamic vinegar) and grill. Try slicing them diagonally for something different.
- Cut up and add them to your favorite meatloaf or soup recipes.
- Add sliced zucchini between layers of lasagna.
- Add raw zucchini to lettuce and pasta salads.
- Cut zucchini into sticks and serve with a dip.
- Slice zucchini, sauté in oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes until tender crisp; toss into heated pasta sauce for a veggie-packed pasta topping.
- Add to homemade grilled pizza.