Sweet, juicy peaches are the best! There are many uses for peaches: Eating as is, adding to hot or cold cereal, smoothies, chilled soups, added to pancakes, or used in baking. One thing is for sure, peaches create an amazing flavorful experience. See below for tips and recipes!
Selection, Storage, and Preparation
- Ripe peaches should be stored in the refrigerator in a plastic bag for up to 5 days.
- Store cooked peaches in a tightly closed container not made from metal in the refrigerator.
- Wash peaches under cold running water to remove any dirt from the skin.
- If peeling or cutting up peaches for a recipe, keep them from turning brown by sprinkling with lemon or orange juice.
- If a recipe calls for peeled peaches, dip peaches cut into halves in boiling water for 30 seconds or until skins loosen. Remove the peaches with a spoon and dip in cold water. The skins will slide right off.
Peach Salsa Use for chips, marinades, or topping for grilled chicken or fish!